Monday, November 12, 2007

Leaving Kandahar


In my search for the owner of the moose mitt, Canadian military officials informed me of an epidemic of gloves being lost in the Canadian north. As my tour of duty here in Afghanistan is coming to an end, I volunteered to assist the Canadian military in their time of need.

It seems that there has been a lot of talk about separation amongst the francophone soldiers—they say that children in Montreal are always being separated from their mitts and gloves.

And it is with this in mind that I have volunteered to take a special assignment to reunite Montreal kids with their handwear.

I have been informed that I must carry a Quebec identification card with me on this particular mission. They say I will have to pass a French test in order to get my card. Luckily, Francois Lafleur has been able to give me a crash course in that language. Maintenant, je suis depart a Montreal. A bientot.

P.S. I've been told by American officials that I will have to ship out by ship. (see map I plucked from a National Geographic magazine)I'm not familiar with any ships leaving from Afghanistan, so I may have to take a train to the nearest port. Being geographically challenged, I'll let you know where I end up. Over and out for now.

No comments: